The Flutter team is constantly looking to improve our developer experience story, and to that end, we are seeking talented software engineers. We are looking for an engineer to join the Flutter & Dart Developer Experience team - a vibrant team with years of experience building user-focused developer tooling. The team has a strong background in IDE development, profiling, static analysis, and refactoring tools.
In this position, you’ll help develop and maintain tooling to debug and profile Flutter and Dart applications. You’ll build tools that help users understand their app’s memory usage, diagnose memory leaks, and you’ll have the opportunity to work on other tools across our codebase, such as performance and CPU profiling, network profiling, UI inspection, and app size tools, to name a few. Our tools aim to provide value to hundreds of thousands of engineers using Dart and Flutter both inside and outside of Google.
You will have the opportunity to develop relationships not only throughout the Dart and Flutter ecosystem, but also with engineers across Google. Your success in this space means more productive developers, better products for our users, happier co-workers, and ultimately more adoption of Dart and Flutter. This project will give you a very deep understanding of Dart and Flutter.
- Improve memory tooling for Dart and Flutter developers
- Implement new debugging and profiling features in Flutter DevTools that impact all Flutter & Dart users
- Develop relationships with Flutter developers inside and outside of Google.
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of work experience.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Self-motivated and in possession of a good work ethic.
Having these qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable:
- Prior experience with memory profiling
- Experience with Flutter or Dart
- Experience building developer tools
- Experience contributing to a programming language
- Experience contributing to open source project
- An enthusiasm for working across teams and building relationships
- Bonus: prior experience in performance or debugging tooling
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume outlining your relevant experience
- A short introduction describing why you think you’d be a good fit for this position
- The preferred method by which you’d like Google to contact you