Dart/Flutter DevRel grows and supports the Dart and Flutter developer communities. We onboard and retain new developers by building a fun, smart, and approachable culture, providing resources to help them succeed, and advocating on their behalf.
A few of our projects:
- Learning tools like the online code editor DartPad.
- Learning resources like codelabs, guides, and sample applications.
- Outreach via channels like video, social media, and in-person events.
- Product excellence programs like Flutter Annoyances and Zeroth Customer.
- A worldwide community of meetups, GDGs, and other Flutter groups.
Most of the responsibilities for this role take forms common to DevRel across Google: write sample code, advocate for improvements to pain points, create scalable developer resources, and so on. Here are a few things, though, that make this gig unique:
- We have a fantastic developer community. They're energetic, silly, and welcoming. It's extremely important that we maintain that vibe, and you'll be directly responsible for doing so.
- Flutter's YouTube channel is highly engaged, and you'll have the chance to contribute to its content and become one of Flutter's public faces.
- Flutter is built to power beautiful UI. If you have both coding chops and an eye for great design, you can put them to work on this team.
As a member of the team, you'll definitely do these three things:
- Make yourself into an expert in Dart and Flutter. They're both fun to use, so this is the best part.
- Build an inclusive, collaborative, and fun team culture.
- Bring that same culture to the wider Dart and Flutter communities. You'll welcome beginners, challenge experts, and advocate for under-served developer populations.
In addition, you'll do some or all of these:
- Become one of Flutter's public faces, and contribute new content to one of Google's fastest growing YouTube channels and one of its most engaged social audiences.
- Engineer new features for DartPad and the Dart and Flutter websites.
- Design and build code samples for GitHub, DartPad, user studies, and live audiences.
- Write in-depth technical guides, examples, and codelabs.
- Earn the trust of the engineering and product teams, and use it to champion the needs of Flutter developers.
- Appear where Flutter developers come together, teach them, answer their questions, and listen to them.
- Mountain View, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Authorization to work in the United States (US citizenship or work visa).
- 2 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in a technical consulting or customer facing capacity.
Having these qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- A track record of advocacy for under-served developer populations.
- Experience contributing to an open source project.
- Experience creating YouTube content that welcomes, informs, and inspires.
- An eye for creating beautiful application UI.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume outlining your relevant experience
- A short introduction describing why you think you’d be a good fit for this position
- The preferred method by which you’d like Google to contact you