Dart and Flutter Developer Relations (DevRel) grows and supports the Dart and Flutter developer communities. We onboard and retain developers by building a fun, smart, and approachable culture, providing resources to help them succeed, and advocating on their behalf.
As a Technical Writer for Flutter, you'll join a community of developers using Dart and Flutter to build apps for mobile, web, and desktop.
- Write documents, blog posts, and technical guides for Flutter.
- Take responsibility for individual content areas, plan their information architecture, and build documents to match.
- Interview engineers, product managers, and others to gather technical details for documents.
- Edit writing from internal and external contributors at a variety of proficiency levels and help them grow.
- Publish content using a variety of media and tools.
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco, CA
- Mountain View, CA
- Remote within the U.S.
You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job:
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- 4 years of experience creating content for a technical audience (e.g., developer documentation, computer science course materials, and/or IT admin playbooks).
- Experience with software or hardware systems working on investigation/experimentation (e.g. reading or running code), and/or interactions with Subject Matter Experts.
Having these qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable:
- Experience with advocacy for under-served developer populations.
- Experience contributing to open source documentation.
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, developers, and more.
Please apply at the Google Careers site and mention this page/URL in the Cover letter/other notes section.