The Flutter team is constantly looking to improve our fidelity on our supported platforms. To that end, we’re seeking software engineers to join our Android team. In the “Android Engineer” role, you’ll be part of a team that makes Flutter on Android the absolute best it can be, including:
- Delivering outstanding performance.
- Delighting developers with a simple but powerful developer experience.
- Making Flutter feel “native” on Android (e.g. by tying into system preferences and accessibility, or by integrating with native performance & memory profiling tools).
- Allowing seamless and efficient interoperability with native Android views and libraries.
- Encouraging the growth and quality of the Flutter Android plugin ecosystem on pub.dev.
- Nurturing a thriving community of contributions from open-source developers by reviewing GitHub pull requests (PRs).
- Simplify and improve the tooling required to build Flutter Android apps.
- Respond rapidly to Android platform updates (e.g. Android 12)
- Minimize the memory and file-size footprint required by Flutter Android apps.
- Improve the interoperability between Flutter apps and Java/Kotlin code.
- Streamline Flutter’s mechanism for embedding native Android views or communicating with native Android libraries.
- Maintain and improve Flutter's core plugins (Ads, Maps, WebView, In-App Purchase) on Android.
- Mountain View, CA
You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job
- Authorization to work in the United States (US citizenship or work visa)
- Native Android application development experience across a variety of Android versions
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Self-motivated and possesses a good work ethic
Having these qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- Experience with Android performance profiling and memory tooling
- Experience with Android build systems (e.g. Gradle)
- Loves simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Possesses a good sense of API design.
- Ability to see how things might fail in unexpected ways.
- Can efficiently navigate ambiguity by evaluating potential solutions and weighing pros and cons
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume outlining your relevant experience
- A short introduction describing why you think you’d be a good fit for this position
- The preferred method by which you’d like Google to contact you