The Flutter team is constantly looking to improve our fidelity on our supported platforms. To that end, we’re seeking software engineers to join our iOS team. In the “iOS Engineer” role, you’ll be part of a team that makes Flutter on iOS the absolute best it can be, including:
- Delivering outstanding performance.
- Delighting developers with a simple but powerful developer experience.
- Making Flutter feel “native” on iOS (e.g. by tying into system preferences and accessibility).
- Allowing seamless and efficient interoperability with native iOS views and libraries.
- Encouraging the growth and quality of the Flutter iOS plugin ecosystem on pub.dev.
- Nurturing a thriving community of contributions from open-source developers by reviewing GitHub pull requests (PRs).
- Simplify and improve the tooling required to build Flutter iOS apps.
- Respond rapidly to iOS platform updates (e.g. WWDC announcements)
- Minimize the memory and file-size footprint required by Flutter iOS apps.
- Streamline Flutter’s mechanism for embedding native iOS views or communicating with native iOS libraries.
- Maintain and improve Flutter's core plugins (Ads, Maps, WebView, In-App Purchase) on iOS.
- Mountain View, CA
You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job
- Authorization to work in the United States (US citizenship or work visa).
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Self-motivated and possesses a good work ethic
Having these qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- Native iOS application development experience.
- ObjC or Swift experience.
- Loves making order out of chaos.
- Possesses a good sense of API design.
- Ability to see how things might fail in unexpected ways.
- Can efficiently navigate ambiguity by evaluating potential solutions and weighing pros and cons
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- A resume outlining your relevant experience
- A short introduction describing why you think you’d be a good fit for this position
- The preferred method by which you’d like Google to contact you