This archive contains current and previous announcements of what’s new on the site.
To stay on top of Flutter announcements, including breaking changes, join the [flutter-announce] Google group.
May 6, 2020, Work-From-Home Edition
Flutter 1.17 is live!
For more information, see Announcing Flutter 1.17.
Docs added and updated since the last announcement include:
- Added a new page on Understanding constraints, contributed by Marcelo Glasberg, a Flutter community member.
- The animations landing page has been re-written. This page now includes the animation decision tree that helps you figure out which animation approach is right for your needs. It also includes information on the new package for pre-canned Material widget animations.
- The hot reload page has been re-written. We hope you find it to be clearer!
- The Desktop page has been updated and now includes information on setting up entitlements and using the App Sandbox on macOS.
- The plugin docs are updated to cover the new Android Plugin APIs and also to describe Federated Plugins. Affected pages include:
- Added an Obfuscating Dart code page. (Moved from the wiki and updated as of 1.16.2.)
- Added a page on using Xcode 11.4 and how to manually update your project. The tooling, which automatically updates your configuration when possible, may direct you to this page if it detects that it’s needed.
- Added a page on Managing plugins and dependencies in add-to-app when developing for Android.
- We’ve published a number of articles on the Flutter Medium
publication since the last stable release:
- Custom implicit animations in Flutter…with TweenAnimationBuilder
- Directional animations with build-in explicit animations
- When should I use AnimatedBuilder or AnimatedWidget?
- Improving Flutter with your opinion - Q4 2019 survey results
- How to write a Flutter web plugin, Part 2
- It’s Time: The Flutter Clock contest results
- How to float an overlay widget over a (possibly transformed) UI widget
- How to embed a Flutter application in a website using DartPad
- Flutter web: Navigating URLs using named routes
- How to choose which Flutter animation widget is right for you?
- Announcing a free Flutter introductory course
- Announcing CodePen support for Flutter
- Animation deep dive
- Flutter Spring 2020 update
- Introducing Google Fonts for Flutter v 1.0.0!
- Flutter web support updates
- Modern Flutter plugin development
2019 年 12 月 11 日, Flutter Interact 版本
Dec 11, 2019, Flutter Interact Edition
Flutter 1.12 正式发布!
Flutter 1.12 is live!
For more information, see Flutter: the first UI platform designed for ambient computing, Announcing Flutter 1.12: What a year! and the Flutter 1.12.13 release notes.
Docs added and updated since the last announcement include:
为配合最新版「添加到现有应用」的实现，我们添加了有关如何 将 Flutter 添加到现有应用中 的文章，同时适用于 iOS 和 Android。
To accompany an updated implementation of add-to-app, we have added documentation on how to add Flutter to an existing app for both iOS and Android.
如果您拥有插件代码，我们建议您更新到适用于 Android 插件的新的 API。有关更多信息，请参阅 将您的插件迁移到新的 Android API。
If you own plugin code, we encourage you to update to the new plugin APIs for Android. For more information, see Migrating your plugin to the new Android APIs.
Web support has moved to the beta channel. For more information, see Web support for Flutter and Web support for Flutter goes beta on the Medium publication. Also, the building a web app with Flutter page is updated.
我们推出了一个计划以介绍特定 Dart 或者 Flutter 包或插件。请在 最受欢迎的 Flutter 包计划中查看更多信息。
We’ve introduced a program for recommending particular Dart and Flutter plugins and packages. Learn more about the Flutter Favorite program.
新的 隐式动画 codelab 发布啦，它还带有 DartPad。（直接运行它，你无需下载任何软件！）
A new implicit animations codelab is available featuring DartPad. (To run it, you don’t need to download any software!)
现在可以在主频道和开发者频道上发布的 1.13 版获得对 MacOS（桌面）的 Alpha 支持。有关更多信息，请参见 Flutter 的桌面支持。
Alpha support for MacOS (desktop) is now available in release 1.13 on the master and dev channels. For more information, see Desktop support for Flutter.
iOS 页面的 app size 部分已更新，包含 bitcode。
The iOS section of the app size page is updated to reflect the inclusion of bitcode.
Flutter Layout Explorer 的 Alpha 版本，一项新功能（以及 Flutter inspector 的一部分），你可以探索您的布局的可视化表示形式。有关更多信息，请参看 探索 Flutter 中的布局 文档。
An alpha release of Flutter Layout Explorer, a new feature (and part of the Flutter inspector) that allows you to explore a visual representation of your layout is available. For more information, see the Flutter Layout Explorer docs.
全新版本的 Flutter Gallery。侧面导航 示例和教程 下有个可运行示例的链接。
A brand new version of Flutter Gallery. There’s a link to the runnable sample in the side nav under Samples & Tutorials.
祝你在 Flutter 应用的开发中有一个愉快的经历和体验！
[最近更新归档页面][What’s new archive]。
Sept 10, 2019
Flutter 1.9 is live!
For more information, see Flutter news from GDD China: uniting Flutter on web and mobile, and introducing Flutter 1.9 and the 1.9.1 release notes.
For the 1.9 release, Flutter’s web support has been merged (“unforked”) into the main repo. Web support hasn’t reached beta, and is not ready to be used in production. Web and desktop support (which is also coming), will impact the website, which was originally written exclusively for developing Flutter mobile apps. Some website updates are available now (and listed below), but more will be coming.
New and updated docs on the site include:
- We’ve revamped the Showcase page.
- The Flutter layout codelab has been rewritten and uses the updated DartPad, the browser-based tool for running Dart code. DartPad now supports Flutter! Try it out and let us know what you think.
- A new page on using the dart:ffi library to bind your app to native code (a feature currently under development).
- The Performance view tool, which allows you to record and profile a session from your Dart/Flutter application, has been enabled in DevTools. For more information, see the Performance view page.
- A new page on building a web application.
- A new page on creating responsive apps in Flutter.
- A new page on preparing a web app for release.
- A new web FAQ.
- The Flutter for web page is updated.
Other relevant docs:
- Error messages have been improved in SDK 1.9. For more information, read Improving Flutter’s Error Messages on the Flutter Medium publication.
- If you already have a web app that depends on the flutter_web package, the following instructions tell you how to migrate to the flutter package: Upgrading from package:flutter_web to the Flutter SDK.
- A new
ToggleButtonswidget, described in the API docs. ToggleButtons demo
- A new
ColorFilteredwidget, also described in the API docs. ColorFiltered demo
- New behavior for the
July 9, 2019
Flutter 1.7 正式发布！
Flutter 1.7 is live!
打包和发布到 Android 平台 有更新，包括使用 app bundle 和为 32 位 / 64 位单独打包。
The Preparing an Android app for release page is updated to discuss how to build an Android release using an app bundle, as well as how to create separate APK files for both 32-bit and 64-bit devices.
新增 开发者工具文档 系列内容，这是个基于浏览器的开发者工具套件，可以帮助你对 Flutter 和 Dart 应用做调试、性能监控、内存检测和检查器等，同时可以直接从 Android Studio 或 IntelliJ 以及 VSCode 运行，如果你还没有试试看，推荐你看一下。
The DevTools docs are migrated to flutter.dev. If you haven’t tried this browser-based suite of debugging, performance, memory, and inspection tools that work with both Flutter and Dart apps and can be launched from Android Studio/IntelliJ and VS Code, please check it out!
简单的应用状态管理 页面有所更新，新的文档是基于 Provider 3.0 正式版的。
The Simple app state management page is updated. The example code in the page now uses the 3.0 release of the Provider package.
The Flutter 1.7 release includes the new
component, which allows the user to select both the upper and lower
endpoints in a range of values. For information about this
component and how to customize it, see
Material RangeSlider in Flutter.
May 7, 2019, Google I/O Edition
2019 年 5 月 7 日，Google I/O 版本
Flutter 1.5 is live!
我们正在更新 DartPad 以支持 Flutter，可以通过这个新的 codelab Flutter 布局基础教程 来试试看吧。
We are updating DartPad to work with Flutter. Try our new Basic Flutter layout codelab and tell us what you think!
February 26, 2019
In addition, here are some recent new and updated docs:
- We’ve updated our state management advice. New pages include an introduction, thinking declaratively, ephemeral vs app state, simple app state management, and different state management options. Documenting state management is a tricky thing, as there is no one-size-fits-all approach. We’d love your feedback on these new docs!
- A new page on Performance best practices.
- Also at MWC, we announced a preview version of the new Dart DevTools for profiling and debugging Dart and Flutter apps. You can find the docs on the DevTools wiki (Note: since moved to this site.) In particular, check out the DevTool’s widget inspector for debugging your UI, or the timeline view for profiling your Flutter application. Try them out and let us know what you think!
- An update to the Performance profiling page that incorporates the new Dart DevTools UI.
- Updates to the Android Studio/IntelliJ and VS Code pages incorporating info from the new Dart DevTools UI.
If you have questions or comments about any of these docs, file an issue.
November 5, 2018
Welcome to the revamped Flutter website!
We’ve spent the last few months redesigning the website and how its information is organized. We hope you can more easily find the docs you are looking for. Some of the changes to the website include:
- Revised front page
- Revised showcase page
- Revised community page
- Revised navigation in the left side bar
- Table of contents on the right side of most pages
Some of the new content includes:
- Deep dive on Flutter internals, Inside Flutter
- Technical videos
- State management
- Background Dart processes
- Flutter’s build modes
If you have questions or comments about the revamped site, file an issue.