Flutter's Framework Team develops most of Flutter's public API: all of the user interface components as well as support for layouts, animations, accessibility, internationalization, touch, mouse, and keyboard input, and much more. The team is responsible for everything from sustaining and performance, to creating new features, and new components.
We're seeking software engineers to join the Framework Team. In the "Framework Engineer" role you'll be part of the team that keeps Flutter vital and current, including:
- Maintaining and growing the Framework APIs, docs, and tools.
- Delivering outstanding performance.
- Delighting developers with a simple but powerful developer experience.
- Nurturing a thriving community of contributions from open-source developers by reviewing GitHub issues and pull requests (PRs).
- Sustain and improve Flutter's APIs, docs, and implementation.
- Work with Google's Material Design team on Flutter updates that match the latest specs and guidelines.
- Work with Flutter's iOS team on updates the match the latest iOS and MacOS changes.
- Work with Flutter's open source community by reviewing issues and pull requests and by mentoring developers.
- Mountain View, CA
You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job
- Authorization to work in the United States (US citizenship or work visa).
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Self-motivated and possesses a good work ethic
Having these qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- Experience with Flutter or other popular UI toolkits
- Possesses a good sense of API design.
- Loves making order out of chaos.
- Ability to see how things might fail in unexpected ways.
- Can efficiently navigate ambiguity by evaluating potential solutions and weighing pros and cons
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- A resume outlining your relevant experience
- A short introduction describing why you think you’d be a good fit for this position
- The preferred method by which you’d like Google to contact you